The personal information we collect:
To improve your experience and ensure we deliver content that is relevant to you, when registering on one of our websites, applying for a subscription or service, completing online or paper forms, or calling us, you may be asked to provide your full name, email address, postal address, phone number, job title, company name or other details about your job role or company, as well as the sort of content you would like to hear about or how you would like to be contacted.
Media Now Ltd’s web servers automatically record information when you visit one of our websites. This includes your IP address, the date and time you visited our websites, the browser and language you use.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. The exact way will depend upon your internet browser and the settings are usually found under privacy or security – the All about Cookies website offers guidance for all modern browsers.
When you download or use our applications on your mobile or other devices, we might access or store information on your equipment. In most cases such information is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie. It enables our apps to remember you or provide you with the personalised content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may provide us with the following information: device identifier, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number, app ID, GPS location.
When is information collected?
We collect information from you when you register on our websites, apps, during our events, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or product, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our websites or apps.
How is your information used and when will you be contacted?
Below we have listed the various ways in which we use your information and when we will contact you:
- To analyse how our products and services are used
- To improve the products and services we offer
- To improve the user experience on our websites
- To provide you with tailored services based on the preferences you have stated
- To provide you with tailored services based on your usage patterns
- To provide you with e-Alerts and newsletters that you have subscribed to
- To provide you with bespoke advertising based on your interests
- To process transactions in a timely manner
- To respond to any user enquiries (via live chat, email, telephone or post)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature
- To send periodic service administration emails regarding your orders, products, services and preferences. This means we may contact you using the details you provided for reasons related to the services you subscribed to or your activity on our website (e.g. to remind you of your password, to update you with information about our events you’re attending, competitions you’re entering, and the outcome of your participation, deliver tickets to you, to let you know of any changes to our services, if our site and services are expected to experience downtime for maintenance, to notify you of updates to our Privacy and Cookies Polices or Terms and Conditions of use, to inform you that your account has become dormant or out of date and to ask if you would like to continue using it again before we close it).
- To ask your views about our products or services.
- To deliver the magazine you are subscribed to
- For our legitimate interests, which have been balanced against your own interests:
- Direct marketing – to inform you of new or similar products, upcoming events, industry news, identify business development opportunities and possibilities for new partnerships. We will process your data with the intention to contact you only if we think the communication, product or service is relevant to your interests. We’ll inform you upon registration that your data will be used in such manner and give you the option to opt-out either at the point of registration or with every subsequent communication.
- Suppression – to make sure that we do not contact you in the future if you have expressed your wish to unsubscribe.
- Personalisation – to personalise the content you see on our website, based on your interests and occupation, improving your experience.
How is your personal information protected?
The security of your information is crucial to Media Now Ltd, and Media Now Ltd is committed to ensuring that your information remains safe. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect the information we collect.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
Media Now Ltd will not sell, trade, or transfer personal data to third parties, unless we have informed you of this and you have provided your consent; the disclosure is to fulfil our legitimate interest; or it is required or permitted by law (when government bodies and law enforcement agencies require us to).
Additionally, we might share your details with website hosting partners, service providers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, where this is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested.
How long will we keep your information?
Your personal data will only be held for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you have not used or updated your account in the previous two years, it may be classed as dormant or be deleted. You will be emailed before deletion. Please check your inbox regularly to see if we have sent you any emails about this.
With regards to the processing of your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to request access to, or copies of, your personal information
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information free of charge, as well as find out for what purposes we process it. We will ask for proof of ID. The documents we accept are: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), current vehicle registration document, bank statement (from last 3 months), and rent book (from last 3 months).
We will do our best to respond at least within one calendar month. If we need more time we will get in touch to let you know.
- The right to request amendment to your personal information
You have the right to request from us to update or amend any personal information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure or restriction of the processing of your personal information
You can request from us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. We can refuse your request if we have an overriding legitimate interest to continue the processing, if we need to comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority, archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes, or the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data for specific purposes. In this case we are permitted to store your personal information but not further process it for the specified purpose. We might keep only a few details in order to ensure we respect your wishes in the future.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you did get in touch with us and you’re not happy with the outcome, you can forward your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to unsubscribe:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us and we will promptly remove you from all specified correspondence.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy